POSITION/JOB TITLE: Drafter
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering and Quality
Candidate must be reliable, accountable and flexible, taking responsibility for everything that pertains to their department. Prepare models and prints that show the details for a variety of machinery and mechanical tools. These models and prints indicate dimensions, fastening methods, and other requirements needed for manufacturing.
- Assist workers in the operations of the drafting department.
- Instruct and assist employees on the shop floor.
- Produce documentation to support production. Document product data.
- Produce documentation to support sales.
- Communicate with other departments.
- Keep department supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress, related to work assignments.
- Produce documentation to support the end user.
- Create, maintain and enforce a safe and efficient work environment.
- Improve product design by identifying and implementing possible product and/or process improvements.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers.
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Solid understanding of mechanical principles and equipment operation.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate information in one-on-one situations to supervisors and managers of the organization.
- Specific knowledge of SolidWorks EPDM, ERP-Epicor, SQL databases, computer networking and Excel techniques.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- 2 year drafting degree preferred
- A suitable combination of education and practical experience; or
- Willing to train the right candidate with education
- Physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk.
- The employee frequently is required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Work performed in a shop and office environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements. May require outdoor work.
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- The use of safety glasses and steel toed boots are required; other PPE as needed
Will be required to perform other duties as assigned.